Post by Varos Talantos on Nov 13, 2010 14:59:25 GMT -5
By joining this site you agree to follow all of the rules on this page, as well as the Proboards Terms of Service (ToS). You are to recognize that any violation of these rules will be dealt with in whatever way the Staff (Gods/Goddesses) deem appropriate. If you need any help, don't be shy! PM me or drop into our CBox, located on the sidebar.
1. Please do not roleplay until your character has been approved by a staff member. But don't worry, we'll get to you as soon as possible! We almost always get to it within 24 hours!
2. You must display your account information in character. My character, for example, is Varos Talantos, so I have Varos Talantos as my display name. You can change your display name by accessing the profile tab and clicking on modify profile.
3. You may create a maximum of ten characters, and you must create a separate account for each character. You may not have two of your own characters in the same thread, however NPCs are allowed. You could also describe your PCs' interactions in the Journal section. You can act as if your PC is an NPC, and have both of them in one thread under one account.
4. Don't pester people to post. Reminding them once or twice during a thread is acceptable, but don't make yourself into a nuisance. Most of the people on this site will have a life outside of this site, so please be patient. Please keep a posting order, however if someone hasn't posted and it's been three days, feel free to skip them. If you're going to be gone for a while, please let us know by saying so in the general board. We'll certainly miss you!
5. The minimum post length is 150 words. If you are having trouble keeping above the word limit, try to describe sight, smell, sound, thoughts, etc. or even just ask for some help. In roleplaying area, you are expected to use proper grammar and spelling, but if you are still learning, do not worry. We encourage development, just use spellcheck- we can link you to free sites if you need it.
6. No god modding. No metagaming. No mary sues. No power playing. Doing so will receive a warning from a Staff member, as well as suggestions on how you can fix it if you need help.
7. Liquid time is allowed when roleplaying. This means that you may join as many consecutive threads as you want with the same character.
8. This site may have violence, horror, profanity and other adult themes featured in the roleplay boards. Not all threads have it, but we do allow it. At the same time, we still follow the Proboards Terms of Service (ToS), and, since we do, we do not allow ANY form of cyber sex whatsoever. If characters are going to do such, simply end the scene before it starts. You can do this without breaking the roleplay flow, or just 'fade to black'. Do not take cyber sex to pm either, if you insist on cybersex please take it somewhere else. And please, no pornographic material on the board.
9. Do not flame, insult, make derogatory comments, etc, to others out of character. We promote a LGBQ+ friendly environment.
10. Please make an OOC account! We know this is a nuisance, but there are often errors with points if you use your character outside of the RP area. So use your OOC account for the general board, and buying/claiming abilities and stats. Thanks a bunch!
We hope you enjoy your stay at Distension, and these rules were put in place with the hopes of making this a warm, enjoyable atmosphere for as many people as possible.
Thank you for reading.